- 1/4 lb Italian sausage or Chorizo
- 1 small onion, diced small or slivered
- 1 bunch kale, separate stems from leaves, coarsley chop both
- 6 eggs
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crumbled Goat Lady Dairy Smoked Round, Farmers Cheese or both
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add crumbled sausage, onion and kale stems and cook, stirring often, about 3 – 4 minutes, or until onions are starting to brown.
- Add kale and cook, tossing often, until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle a little lemon juice and pepper over the mixture and toss well
- Reduce heat to medium and crack eggs, one at a time, at intervals over the sausage and kale mixture; cook briefly uncovered.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of water over pan contents and eggs; cover and cook until eggs are set about 3 minutes.
- Top with crumbled cheese. Serve immediately