The wait is over for people who love home-grown North Carolina goodness! Flavor, NC returns to public television this month with an all-new season of trips to great farms, food producers and restaurants from the mountains to the coast and everywhere in between. The series of brand new episodes kicks off on UNC-EX Wednesday, September 19 at 9:00 pm and on UNC-TV Saturday, September 22 at 10:30 am.
What is Flavor, NC? That’s easy. Flavor, NC is more than an address and more than a state of mind. Flavor, NC is the crossroads where the best of homegrown Tar Heel agricultural specialties meet up with the people and places who nurture that bounty. Rolling out the welcome mat in Flavor, NC is Lisa Prince, a talented, engaging and down to earth food pro on a mission to get North Carolina cooking local again. Flavor, NC savors the tastes of North Carolina and celebrates the farmers and food artisans working to keep Tar Heel agriculture growing.
In Flavor, NC we’re cooking up everything from wild caught Flounder in Carteret County, to strawberries at Carrigan Farms in Mooresville, apple brandy from Carolina Distillery in Lenoir, potatoes from In Good Heart Farm in Clayton, wine from Sanctuary Vineyard in Currituck County and peaches from Johnsons Peaches in Candor – just to name a few. You never know who you’re gonna meet and what you’re gonna taste when you visit Flavor, NC.
Flavor, NC is produced by the multiple EMMY nominated team at BlueWater Media, a full service television and video production company with offices in Raleigh and Danbury, North Carolina. UNC-TV is North Carolina’s statewide public television network enjoyed by an average of four million viewers a week.
Underwriting support for the series is provided by Got to be NC agriculture, the official state identity program for products grown and processed by farmers and value added food companies in North Carolina; the Currituck County Department of Travel and Tourism; Got to be NC Seafood; North Carolina’s Egg Farmers & The Incredible Edible Egg and the NC Cattlemen’s Association.
Follow us on facebook at www.facebook.com/flavornctv or get in touch the old fashioned way, by contacting Theresa Dalton at 919-782-0618.
Flavor, NC Season 2 Episodes and Air-Dates
All episodes air Wednesdays at 9:00 p.m. on UNC-EX and Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. on UNC-TV
- Sept. 19 & 22 – Walking Fish CSF, Harkers Island & Aqua Restaurant, Beaufort
Wild caught Flounder
- Sept. 26 & 29 – State Farmers Market Raleigh & Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina
Farmers market bounty
- Oct. 3 & 6 – Apple Brandy Beef, North Wilkesboro & Storie Street Grille, Blowing Rock
Pasture raised beef
- Oct. 10 & 13 – Carrigan Farms, Mooresville & FS Food Group, Charlotte
- Oct. 17 & 20 – Carolina Distillery & The Wine Cellar and Bistro, Lenoir
- Oct. 24 & 27 – In Good Heart Farm, Clayton & Market Restaurant, Raleigh
- Oct. 31 & Nov. 3 – Braswell Foods, Nashville & Brigs Restaurant, Cary
- Nov. 7 & 10 – Johnsons Peaches, Candor & Carolina Crossroads Restaurant, Chapel Hill
- Nov. 14 & 17 – Sanctuary Vineyards & BJ’s Carolina Café, Jarvisburg
- Nov. 21 & 24 – Carolina Mariculture, Cedar Island & 42nd Street Oyster Bar, Raleigh