- 1 catfish fillet per person, cut evenly into three pieces
- I head Bibb lettuce, washed and separated into leaves
- Diced roasted red peppers to taste
- Crumbled fresh goat cheese to taste
- Tarragon Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Olive Oil
- Blackening seasoning to taste
Directions: Heat a sauté pan or skillet until very hot. Put a very thin layer of oil in the hot pan. Season the catfish fillets with salt and pepper and lightly dredge one side of the fish in the blackening seasoning. When the pan is smoking hot, lay the fish seasoning side down in the pan and sear the fish until the blackened crust forms (about a minute and a half). Flip the fish and continue cooking for another minute to a minute or two until just cooked through. Place washed lettuce leaves in a bowl or plate and drizzle Vinaigrette dressing. Top the salad with roasted red peppers and crumbled goat cheese, then place the cooked blackened catfish on top.
18 Seaboard Tarragon Vinaigrette
- ½ cup fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar or white Balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups oil
- Salt and pepper
Directions: In a blender combine the ingredients except oil. Blend well. With blender running, slowly add oil until emulsified. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Heart Healthy Tips
- A tasty source of protein (15 grams in a 3 ounce portion)
- High in B-vitamins (Niacin and B 12)
- Save calories by broiling or baking instead of frying.