…with Herbed Goat Cheese and Chives.
- one baguette, diagonally sliced into ½-inch slices
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium, ripe cantaloupes, peeled, seeded and small-diced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 4-ounces prosciutto, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-ounce log of goat cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
Drizzle each piece of bread with some olive oil. Grill, toast or broil the bread slices until deeply golden. In a large bowl, gently toss the cantaloupe with the olive oil, vinegar, prosciutto, chives and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make the herbed goat cheese: Combine the goat cheese and parsley until well-blended. Place the cantaloupe in a serving bowl. Serve alongside the toasted bread slices and goat cheese.
Heart Healthy Tips
- A small portion of cheese can go a long way – when using as a snack limit to a 1 oz serving size.
- Try Greek yogurt (either plain or fruited). The thick consistency and high protein content make for a great ingredient in smoothies.
- Cow’s Milk and yogurt are complete foods containing carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals.