…with homemade flour tortillas.
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 16 ounces green chile enchilada sauce, such as Frontera, divided
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 soft taco size white flour tortillas
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, cumin and ¼ cup enchilada sauce. Season with a little salt and pepper and mix until well combined. Spread ½ cup of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9-x-13 baking dish. Evenly divide the chicken mixture between the tortillas (about ½ cup on each), placing the filling in the center. Sprinkle over a couple of tablespoons of cheese on each; fold the tortilla over the filling and roll like a cigar to enclose it. Place the enchilada seam-side down in the baking dish; repeat with remaining tortillas. Cover the enchiladas with the remaining sauce and cheese. Bake uncovered until the cheese is bubbling and the sauce has cracked slightly on top, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Heart Healthy Tips
- A small portion of cheese can go a long way – when using as a snack limit to a 1 oz serving size.
- Try Greek yogurt (either plain or fruited). The thick consistency and high protein content make for a great ingredient in smoothies.
- Cow’s Milk and yogurt are complete foods containing carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals.