Hickory Roasted Peanuts, Bacon, Apples & Sherry Mustard
- 3 lbs Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 gallon water
- ¼ cup sea salt
- 1 lb fresh, raw peanuts shelled
- ½ lb smoked bacon, diced and rendered until brown and crispy
- 3 large honey crisp apples diced
- ½ cup Dukes Mayonnaise
- ½ cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons aged sherry vinegar
- 1 bunch of scallions sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons Hickory Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Hickory Sea Salt
- Kosher salt & black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a large mixing bowl toss the peanuts in hickory syrup and hickory salt until thoroughly coated. Spread them onto a sheet pan lined with Parchment paper. Roast in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
In a large stock pot bring potatoes water and ¼ cup sea salt to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until a paring knife will slide easily through the potatoes. Remove from heat, strain and cool in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl add mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, scallions, apples, potatoes, bacon. Mix well. Season mixture with salt & black pepper to taste. Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and add peanuts right before serving.
Heart Healthy Tips
- Great as a snack, topping on salad or ingredient in main dishes
- Excellent source of Vitamin E and healthy unsaturated fats
- Can be challenging to control your portion size of peanuts. Try limiting to a handful.
- Make your own peanut butter or buy Natural Peanut Butter to avoid unhealthy fats and added sugars.