Original Air Date: October 10, 2013
Looking Glass Creamery
57 Noble Road
Fairview, North Carolina
Looking Glass Creamery was founded by Andy and Jennifer Perkins in 2009 to produce exceptional, handmade cheese and traditional goat’s milk caramel. You can find Looking Glass Creamery cheeses at the onsite cheese shop or order online. You can also find it at shops throughout North Carolina and the Southeast as well as through the Williams-Sonoma catalog.
Cheryl Barnes and Picture Perfect Meals
Cheryl Barnes is a professional cook, food stylist, writer and author of two cookbooks living and working in the North Carolina mountains. In partnership with her husband Adam, a professional food photographer, she created the award winning Picture Perfect Meals blog to share her philosophy that food should look as good as it tastes. Cheryl’s entire professional focus is on helping her followers create delicious meals and memorable parties with recipes and menus that are mouthwatering, beautiful and easy to prepare.
Recipes Courtesy Cheryl Barnes
- Warm Brie, Apple & Honey Tartlets with Sugared Walnuts & Lavender
- Cheesy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas (with homemade Flour Tortillas)
- Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Bruschetta with Herbed Goat Cheese and Chives
Heart Healthy Tips
- A small portion of cheese can go a long way – when using as a snack limit to a 1 oz serving size.
- Try Greek yogurt (either plain or fruited). The thick consistency and high protein content make for a great ingredient in smoothies.
- Cow’s Milk and yogurt are complete foods containing carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Brie Apple and Honey Tartlets - Picture-Perfect Meals®Picture-Perfect Meals | October 21, 2013
- In the Field » Flavor, NC: Looking Glass Creamery | March 20, 2014