Recipe courtesy of Chef Tim Grandinetti
as seen on episode “Cobblestone Farmers Market”, season 3
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms (portabello, cremini, button)
- 1/2 Sliced white onion
- 1/2 Sliced red onion
- 1 bunch Slivered green onion
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil for sautéing
- 8 Flour tortillas
- 4 oz Pimento Cheese
Heat a frying pan and add olive oil. Add the green onion, red onion and mushrooms to the pan. Lightly season the mixture with salt and pepper and sauté for seven or eight minutes until the vegetables are soft.
Spread the pimento cheese all over one side of a flour tortilla. Spoon the vegetables on one half of the tortilla and fold it over. Heat a sauté pan and add a thin coat of oil. Place the filled tortilla in the pan and brown it on one side. Flip the tortilla and brown the other side. When browned and crispy, remove quesadilla from the heat, slice and serve.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 6 Tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 6 Tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 6 Tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 each jalapeño, minced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
Add corn kernels to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the sundried tomato, green onion, red onion, garlic and jalapeno. Stir ingredients together then toss with the fresh lime juice and allow to marinate. Just before serving toss in the rice wine vinegar, olive oil and cilantro.