Recipe courtesy of Maggie Rupert, Halcyon, Flavors of the Earth, Charlotte
as seen on episode “TOPO Distillery”, season 3
- 1.5 oz TOPO vodka
- 1 oz Oolong cardamom orange simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 1/4 oz blood orange juice or puree
- 1/4 oz lime juice
- Fever tree bitter lemon tonic
Pack a Collins glass with ice. Add TOPO vodka. Add lime, blood orange, and syrup. Shake well in a cocktail shaker. Return to glass. Top with fever tree bitter lemon. Serve garnished with rose petal.
Oolong Cardamom Orange Simple Syrup:
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil and add tea mixture**
- Let steep 3 minutes and dissolve 1.5 cups granulated sugar into mix. Strain out tea and let cool before use.
**Oolong Cardamom Orange Tea:
- 1 tbsp Oolong loose leaf tea
- 1 tsp each: dried rose petals, dried orange rind, dried apple, dried pear, dried cranberries (all fruits can be purchased already dried, or can be cut into small cubes and dried on an oven on an ungreased cookie sheet at 200 degrees until dried through (no char).
- 3 green cardamom pods, burst
(short cut: you can purchase “wild orange” type herbal tea and add Oolong to that mixture for tea base. Throw in a few dried cranberries for color along with cardamom pods)