Brines 2 pound turkey breast
- 1 Quart Buttermilk
- 1/2 Quart Whole Milk
- 1/4 Cup Kosher Salt (Dixie brand)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Rosemary Sprigs
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Onion (Peeled & Sliced)
- 2-4 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup thyme sprigs or your favorite herbs
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients well using a whisk.
- Submerge turkey breast in mixture and allow turkey to soak for 12 hours.
- Remove turkey and pat dry before cooking.
- Season the turkey breast with salt and pepper.
- Add duck fat or oil to the pan. Sear the breast skin side down for a few minutes.
- Then flip the breast and add some butter to the pan. Baste the breast with the melted butter.
- Add a few sprigs of thyme and continue to baste.
- Place the sauté pan into the oven and cook at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until an internal thermometer reaches 150 degrees.